Thursday, August 25, 2011

"The only thing more terrifying than the last five minutes of this film are the first 90!"


The illustration this week is for the classic film, "Suspiria". Directed by Dario Argento in 1977, The film tells the story of Suzy Bannion, a new arrival at a German ballet academy that may be a secret coven of witches. The story is really an excuse to revel in nightmarish imagery, a pounding and shrieking score by the Italian band "Goblin", and a hallucinatory wash of colours. Truly, one of my top five horror films of all time. It is necessary viewing for anyone seriously interested in film.

I tried to reflect on the strange and vibrant colours and horrifying atmosphere of the film, while including some nods to my favourite moments. I hope you enjoy it, and thanks for checking out my work.

Check out the trailer here!

No comments:

Post a Comment