Monday, January 2, 2012

Happy New Year!


Hey guys, i hope everyone had a wonderful holiday and is ready for a new year. I, for one, am excited about what possibilities the year may hold in store. I'm eager to get back on schedule with the "Feature Creature" updates, and i hope you are all excited to see some new monster art. I really appreciate all the followers i have on both Blogspot and Tumblr, it really does mean a lot to me.

I did a painting for my all time favourite creature feature, The Thing, partly as a warm-up excercise, and partly to try out a slightly different style. I went into this illustration to see if could do a painting for a children's book retelling of John Carpenter's "The Thing". Because, why not? I had the idea that the thing has to focus REALLY hard on whatever it's imitating, otherwise it just falls apart into a mass of tentacles and limbs. Hence the thought bubble.

Anyhow, i hope you like it, and i'll see you guys soon with a new illustration.

Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment