Monday, September 19, 2011

"They're Back From The Grave and Ready To Party!"


I apologize for the lack of updates, i've been attending the "Toronto International Film Festival" for the last two weeks, and it's left me little time for quality painting. But i plan on getting back on schedule, and to signify that, here's a painting of a zombie.

"Return of the Living Dead" is one of the best horror films the 80's spat out, with a killer punk soundtrack and a wicked sense of humour. It concerns a couple of medical supply warehouse employees who unwittingly release a government toxin, leading to a graveyard full of brain-eating, indestructible zombies. The coolest monster in the whole movie is the "Tar-man", a zombie that's skin has melted upon contact with the air, after being sealed in a government tank for many years. He has a wonderfully jangly way of lurching about, like he could fall apart at any second.

I tried to style this painting as a companion to my "Day of the Dead" Bub painting, with a third eventually being made of the poster zombie from Lucio Fulci's "Zombie". I'll have a new piece for Friday, let me know what you think, and thanks for following.

Here's the trailer!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for some other informative website. The place else may just I get that kind of information written in such a perfect method? I have a venture that I am simply now running on, and I’ve been at the glance out for such info. warehouse toronto

    ReplyDelete